VITAMIN C IMMUNE BOOSTER CITRUS SMOOTHIE
Hi Friends. Each morning when I check social media, it feels like I’m bombarded with articles about the current flu pandemic. It’s no secret that this year’s flu season is the worst in nearly a decade, and experts are saying it hasn’t even peaked yet. Scary stuff! Someone very close to me has tested positive for cover-19. i was asking her opinions about what type of smoothies i should blog about next and she said IMMUNITY! like loud. lol. I did a total of 3 different immunity prettygirlsmoothies! Be sure ti check them out! stay safe and vitamin c upped!!
- 1 cups orange juice (250 ml)
- 1 orange pealed
- 1 cup mangos diced
- 1 banana
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). TAKES 10-15 MINS MAX
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
"WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS THEY COULD REALLY BE ORANGES!"
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds
WHY IS A CARROT MORE ORANGE THAN AN ORANGE?