Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Hi friends! The smoothie of all smoothies!! THE OG! The classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie! With just 3 ingredients and a quick blitz in the blender, this healthy breakfast will be ready in minutes. I love smoothies and try to pack as many fruits & veggies in the mornings. Sometimes i just need something quick but still has that creamy sweet flavor!
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tbs chia seeds (IF YOU PREFER)
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). TAKES 10-15 MINS MAX
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
KEEP CALM & IGNORE JUNK FOOD!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds