REFRESHING SLOWING SKIN SMOOTHIE
Hello glowing readers!
When you include fruits in your daily diet, you are giving your body a rich dose of nutrients and anti-oxidants. Eating fruits helps in reducing inflammation and prevention of various kinds of infections. Fruits with vitamins and minerals that help in synthesizing collagen and help in nourishing the skin. All these qualities of fruits make them an ideal add-on in your diet to give your skin a healthy and vibrant glow. So, if you have always been eyeing to add a beautiful and healthy glow to your skin, fruits may offer you the one-stop solution.
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- ½ cup diced pineapples
- 1 lemon pealed & diced
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). TAKES 10-15 MINS MAX
EAT CLEAN LOOK LEAN!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds