Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
SIMPLE & EFFECTIVE SMOOTHIES
Welcome back my Fine-Apple readers! Remember food is fuel not therapy! Todays menu will be a tasty fruity creamy prettygirlsmoothie. I love this smoothie as a snack when I'm craving ice cream or something sweet. They also taste great frozen. Simply make the prettygirlsmoothie and pop them in the popsicle molds! I add a banana to make the prettygirlsmoothie extra creamy (its up to your liking). Enjoy
- ½ cup (organic orange juice) or ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- ⅔ cup no fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup pineapples chopped
- ½ cup strawberries chopped
- 1 banana
- 1-2 cups spinach (IF YOU LIKE) recommended
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). Takes MAX 10-15mis.
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
EAT LESS SUGAR YOU'RE SWEET ENOUGH!
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
Healthy Milk Alternatives
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds
ENJOY MY FINE-APPLE READERS!!!