Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie
Hello their Fine-Apple readers! How are you doing on this amazing day? Give yourself a pat on the back and thank yourself. How did that feel? Amazing right? :) Todays menu will be a sweet -refreshing Tropical Smoothie to stay hydrated this summer without loading up on SUGAR & CALORIES. Full of natural fruit flavours and sweetness, and is extremely good for that amazing body. Doesn't that just sound amazing?? At the same time make a little extra to make the kiddos some freeze pops. Trust me they won't notice the difference!! This blueberry pineapple smoothie is a summer staple for everyone!
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (frozen if you prefer)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen if you prefer)
- 1 cup almond milk (mill alternatives below)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of spinach IF YOU LIKE (recommended)
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). Takes MAX 10-15mis.
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
EAT LESS SUGAR YOU'RE SWEET ENOUGH!
Health Benefits of Pineapple and Blueberries
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Has antioxidants which boosts immunity and promotes youthfulness
- Fights against inflammation, joint pain, and heart disease
- Contains minerals for strong bones and connective tissues
- Excellent source of fibre and aids in digestion
- Helps sore muscles recover after surgery or exercise
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
Healthy Milk Alternatives
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds
ENJOY MY FINE-APPLE READERS!!!