Pine-Apple Spinach Smoothie
Welcome back my Fine-Apple readers! Hope today was as good as yesterday! Remember you're an amazing person! Todays menu will consist of one of the most popular leafy greens! Yup you guessed it SPINACH! Green smoothies are extremely popular and have been for years. Spinach can be added to LITERALLY every single prettygirlsmoothie and you CAN'T even taste it! (just changes the color). All you taste is sweet fruity goodness. If you have trouble eating at least 1-2 cups of leafy greens a day just simply add spinach to every smoothie! Treat that amazing body right! :)
- 1 cup almond milk (mill alternatives below)
- ⅔ cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced pineapples
- ½ green apple chopped
- 1-2 cups spinach (to your liking)
- ½ lemon squeezed for juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (mixed or on top)
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). Takes MAX 10-15mis.
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
EAT LESS SUGAR YOU'RE SWEET ENOUGH!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds