IMMUNE BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
Hello friends! We have entered a new time where we need Vitamin C as a daily regular inmate to boost or immunity due to covid-19. I believe that it is the regular consumption of vitamin C rich foods, such as citrus fruits, berries, guava, mango, capsicum, pawpaw, parsley and pineapple, that gives you the best defense against any flu bugs.
Orange colored foods have high levels of vitamin C and beta carotene. This is an orange Vita C pill in a glass.
- 2 cups orange juice (500 ml)
- 2 tangerines pealed
- 2 kiwis pealed & diced
- 6 Medjool dates or 12 Deglet Nour dates
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). TAKES 10-15 MINS MAX
For Spinach nutrients go to search tab and "search spinach"
"WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS THEY COULD REALLY BE ORANGES!"
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds
WHY IS A CARROT MORE ORANGE THAN AN ORANGE?