GOLDEN GLOWING SKIN SMOOTHIE
- ½ coconut water or coconut milk
- 1 cup papaya diced
- ½ cup pineapples diced
- 1 banana
(1 CUP SPINACH & 1TBS OF CHIA SEEDS IF YOU PREFER)
Simply follow ingredients in order. Main liquid should be the added FIRST to any smoothie. It sets the consistency of prettygirlsoothies. Never put yogurt first. The yogurt will stay stuck to the bottom. Its always important to chop all fruits and vegetables before blending your prettygirlsmoothies. I recommend prepping all smoothies in advance (as soon as you get home from the store). TAKES 10-15 MINS MAX
EAT CLEAN LOOK LEAN!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPAYA
- Vitamin C – Papaya actually contents more than 200% of the Daily Recommended Value of Vitamin C! Vitamin C is the vitamin for anti-aging. It boosts collagen production in the skin, which helps maintain the skin’s elasticity. Vitamin C also brightens dull skin.
- Carotenoids – The orange/red flesh of papaya is because of its rich beta carotene content! Beta carotene is converted into Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A prevents dry flaky skin and supports healthy functioning of skin cells.
- Papain – Papain is the main active compound in papaya. I’m sure you’ve seen it as an ingredient in many cosmetic products. It promotes skin lightening & brightening. It also reduces blemishes, heals inflammation and promotes wound healing.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for brain and heart performance, as well as lowering blood pressure
- Rich in antioxidants to fight aging and boost your immune system
- Source of fibre, iron, calcium, and protein (a must if consuming a vegan/vegetarian diet)
- Protects against heart attacks and strokes
- They can be consumed raw or cooked, soaked into another food like almond milk, before eating.
HEALTHY MILK ALTERNATIVES
Switching up smoothie ingredients is as easy as putting milk in your cereal.
My milk preference is unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk.
Here are other gluten-free and vegan milk alternatives you can use:
- vanilla oak milk or plain oak milk
- coconut milk
- flax milk made from flax seeds